Simple Accounting
Russell W. James, CPA, pc

What To Bring

A few things to bring:
  • Last year's tax return (if we didn't prepare it)
  • W-2 forms
  • 1099's of any kind (misc. income, interest income, etc.)
  • Investment, Mutual fund, and Stock trade statements
  • K-1 schedules from Partnerships, LLC's, S-corporations
  • Retirement plan contributions and/or withdrawals (1099-R)
  • 1098 statement(s) from mortgages
  • Medical expenses (including Rx, co-pays, mileage)
  • 1095 Affordable Care Act (health insurance) notices
  • HSA and health insurance information
  • Charitable contributions (including cash, non-cash, and mileage)
  • Dependent info (SSN, DOB, relationship, # of months spent at home)
  • Tuition, fees, and required course materials (bring 1098-T)
  • Alimony paid or received (do not include child support)
  • Sales tax paid on vehicles or other major purchases
  • Settlement HUD's on sale and/or purchase of real estate or houses
  • Costs of windows, insulation, furnace, water heaters qualifying for credit
  • Moving expenses, job hunting expenses
  • Anything else you think might help...
If you have a business or rental property:
  • Income received (include 1099-K, 1099-Misc)
  • Expenses related to the business or income
  • Mileage (business use of vehicles)
  • Home office and total sq. footage, utilities paid, cell phone costs
Website Builder